1. To understand the interdisciplinary connections of artistic expression in the academic context;
2. To explore the variety of languages in two and three dimensions of artistic expression, as well as their structural elements in the construction of visual messages;
3. To demonstrate expertise in the domain of materials used in the practical scenario of plastic expression, visual and digital;
4. To experiment with different communication strategies made based on multimedia technologies.
5. To reflect on the role of Educator/Teacher as regards the development plastic, visual and digital skills in children.
1.Graphic Language in Children and Teaching Practice: Children´s graphical language as an expression of the child; 2. The Artistic Expression in the pedagogic setting of Basic Education: Discovery and progressive organization of surfaces - design (exploration techniques), painting (exploration techniques), trimming, gluing and folding, printing and stamping, weaving and sewing, photography , transparencies and audiovisual media, posters;
Discovery and progressive organization volumes - modeling, sculpture and constructions; 3. The Role of the Educator / Teacher in the development of Multimedia Communication: types of media-based communication, communication strategies based on multimedia technologies.
Classes will be both theoretical and practical, conducted individually or in groups. They aim at providing students with a whole range of techniques, sensations and emotions, in order to improve their expressive skills as wells as their capacities for teaching.
Assessment will be formative and continuous. Practical experiences will be valued, considering the pragmatic nature of this course unit. Assessment procedures for grading are as follows: practical (group) work involving the participation of children (50%, divided equally between the plastic and the multimedia component) and preparation of an individual portfolio which will include work done during the course (50%).
FRAGATEIRO et al, (1996). Ensino Artístico. Lisboa: Edições Asa.
GLOTON, R. & CLERO, C. (1997). A Actividade Criadora na Criança. Lisboa: Editorial Estampa.
HALSALL, F. (2001). Multimedia Communication: Applications, Networks, Protocols. Addison-Wesley.
GONÇALVES, E. (1991). A Arte Descobre a Criança. Amadora: FNAC Gráfica.
MODERNO, A. (1992). A comunicação audiovisual no processo didático. Aveiro: Universidade de Aveiro.
PONTE, J. (1990) O Computador – Um instrumento da Educação, 4ª. Edição, Lisboa: Texto Editora.
SOUSA, A. (2003). Educação pela Arte e Artes na Educação: Música e Artes Plásticas.
Horizontes Pedagógicos. Instituto Piaget.
STERN, A. (sd). Uma Nova Compreensão da Arte Infantil. Lisboa: Livros Horizonte.
STERN, A. (sd). Aspectos e Técnicas da Pintura de Crianças. Lisboa: Livros Horizonte.
TELMO, I. (1994). Linguagem Gráfica Infantil. Setúbal: Instituto Politécnico de Setúbal.