The discipline of Introduction to Law aims to provide preliminary fundamental legal notions, in order to provide students with an understanding of the technical-legal language, as well as to enable them to better understand and interpret the phenomena of social life protected by legal rules. Thus aims:
1. Analyze the main sources of law, in particular, Book I and II of the Civil Code.
2. Provide students with basic knowledge of the main civil law institutes. This discipline focuses, essentially, on the 1st Book and the 2nd Book of the Civil Code.
3. Use the different civil law institutes in the analysis of practical cases.
2. General principles.
3. The legal business.
4. Concept, structure, characteristics and modalities of the obligations.
5. The installment.
6. Constitution of obligations.
7. Transmission of obligations.
8. Guarantee of obligations.
9. Extinction of obligations.
10. Do not comply with obligations.
The curricular unit is organized into theoretical-practical classes. During the classes we intend to promote active participation of students in order to develop reasoning and their ability to integrate knowledge, as well as the application of knowledge acquired previously, namely with the resolution of practical cases. Supporting materials are also available, eg those used by the professor, and treated texts for discussion. The sharing of relevant experiences will be encouraged in Moodle, with the creation of discussion forums created by the professor.
To assist the students, the professor will provide a personalized tutorial service, and students can still use e-mail to request guidance and help in solving problems.
AA. VV.: Comentário ao Código Civil - Direito das Obrigações, Lisboa, Universidade Católica, 2019.
AA.VV.: Introdução ao Direito, Coimbra, Almedina, 2017.
Costa, Mário Júlio de Almeida.: Direito das Obrigações, Coimbra, Almedina, 2018.
Ferreira, José António Gonçalves, Pereira, António Garcia, Falção, David.: Introdução ao Direito, Coimbra, Almedina, 2019.
Leitão, Luís Manuel Teles de Menezes.: Direito das Obrigações - Vol. I, II, III, Coimbra, Almedina, 2019
Podestá, Fábio Henrique.: Direito das Obrigações - Teoria Geral e Responsabilidade Civil, Almedina Brasil, 2018.
Proença, José Carlos Brandão.: Estudos de Direito das Obrigações, Lisboa, Universidade Católica, 2018.
Quintas, Paula.: Manual Prático de Direito das Obrigações, Coimbra, Almedina, 2019.
Sousa, Domingos Pereira.: Introdução ao Direito, Lisboa, Quid Juris, 2017.
Sousa, Miguel Teixeira de.: Introdução ao Direito, Coimbra, Almedina, 2018.