1. The students should learn the concepts associated with the representation of the earth, concepts associated with the geographical representation through topography techniques (surveys, planimetry, altimetry, profiles), and be able for cartographic interpretation;
2. The students should be able for georeferencing objects s and be able for geographical orientation and terrestrial navigation.
1. Representation of the Earth
2. Concept of geodesy;
3. Concept of cartography, cartographic interpretation;
4. Concepts of topography and terrestrial representation;
6. Orientation and Terrestrial Navigation;
Theoretical Classes and Practice
Practical classes using charts and reading support tools (scales, compass, planimeters, etc..).
Use the compass and charts. Navigation with GPS.
Cartas Militares de Portugal. Serviços Cartográficos do Exército
Joaquim Alves Gaspar ; apoio Sociedade de Geografia de Lisboa; Cartas e projecções cartográficas. ISBN: 972- 757-151-4