1. Understand the meaning of language teaching and its place in the training of teachers and educators, critically discussing different approaches to teaching the mother tongue / schooling and its implications in the construction of curricular programs in the area.
2. Analyze, critically, the national and regional curriculum guidelines in the area of Oral Language and Approach to Writing in kindergarten and Portuguese in the 1st cycle of basic education.
3. Recognize the importance of language learning / schooling, in its different verbal domains (comprehension and oral expression, reading and writing).
4. Critically analyze strategies, school manuals and teaching materials to support language learning in pre-school education and the 1st cycle of basic education.
5. Deepen research skills and analysis of scientific bibliography with a view to implementing a project to promote reading in a real teaching context.
1.1. Didactic concept and its evolution.
1.2. Objectives of language teaching.
1.3. The place of language teaching in the training of pre-school teachers and teachers of the 1st cycle.
2. SCI teaching / schooling policies
2.1. Object and objectives.
2.2. Approaches to ML teaching / schooling.
2.3. Curricular guidelines for language learning in pre-school education and elementary school in Portugal.
3. Teaching and learning Portuguese: the language domains.
3.1. The transversality and transdisciplinarity of language teaching and learning.
3.2. The development of linguistic awareness and language learning.
3.3. The development of communicative skills.
3.4. Organization and management of the language teaching and learning process.
The UC combines expository sessions with documentary analysis, observation, analysis and discussion of teaching practices, oral presentation and discussion of a critical review and tutorial sessions to clarify content and support tasks, including the design of activities and resources for pedagogical interventions that take place within the scope of the UC Initiation to Professional Practice in the 1st Cycle of EB.
Moodle is used to provide pedagogical resources for classes and bibliography, facilitating interaction between students and the teacher.
Students' oral and written communication skills will always be taken into account.
Information available soon.