At the end of this course it is intended that the students:
1. Have acquired knowledge about the management of organizations and projects, management by objectives and project implementation;
2. Master the vocabulary and understand the concepts associated with the historical context of the emergence of Environment, Environmental Education and Sustainable Development;
3. Are capable of delineating instruments and environmental intervention strategies appropriate to a range of different situations.
In the three modules that make up the course several topics are discussed, including:
1. Within the Management of Organizations: Introduction to Organizational Management, Decision and Negotiation, Motivation, Leadership and Communication, Strategic Planning; Systems Control and Accounting Systems.
2. Under the Implementation and Project Management, other subjects are approached, such as Analytical tools of project management, including the Logical Framework and the Q method and different tools and knowledge are given in the areas of Investment, Project Evaluation, Project Planning and Project Monitoring.
3. In the context of environmental education, some historical context is advanced, explaining the notions of environmental degradation and depletion and the new ecological values (New Environmental Paradigm); A selection of Pro-environmental behaviour and Risk Communication models are introduced as well the basis of Environmental Marketing as a tool to social change.
1. Lectures, using a selection of documents.
2. Theoretical-practical, with critical analysis and discussion of a selected research articles (e.g. scales of environmental attitudes; models of project management).
Comissão Europeia. Manual da Análise de custos e benefícios dos projetos de investimento. Fundos estruturais - FEDER, Fundo de Coesão e ISPA, 2003.
Couto, J. Apontamentos do mestrado em Gestão e Conservação da Natureza. Mestrado em Gestão e Conservação da Natureza. DEG, Universidade dos Açores.
Gabriel, R. (coord.). Abordagens do ambiente em contexto escolar. Cascais: Princípia Editora, 2012.
Johnson, E. & Mappin, M. Environmental education and advocacy. Cambridge: CUP, 2005.
Kay, R. Farm Management: planning, control and implementation, Mc-Graw-Hill, 1988.
Kollmuss, A. & Agyeman, J. Mind the gap: why do people act environmentally and what are the barriers to proenvironmental behavior? Environmental Education Research, 8(3): 239-260, 2002
Silva, E. & Gabriel, R. (coord) As atitudes face ao ambiente em regiões periféricas. Angra do Heroísmo: FCT e UAç 2007.
Sousa, A. Introdução à Gestão. Uma abordagem sistémica. Verbo 1998.
Teixeira, S. Gestão das Organizações. 2 ed Mc-Graw-Hill, 2005.