1. To explain the pedagogical principles underlying the organization of work with children, young people and other public of different contexts.
2. To characterize various contexts where pedagogical intervention may occur (museum, library, institutions for people with disabilities, pediatric hospitals, etc.).
3. To direct interventions envolving different publics according to principles of respect for minorities , inclusion and solidarity .
4 . To be able to plan pedagogical intervention , negotiating with teachers and other agents and taking into account problems and situations observed / identified in connection with research processes relevant to the course and requiring the involvement of other course units.
5. To participate in research involving different analytical contexts, in order to ensure individual involvement in the construction of scientific knowledge in given situations.
The contents will vary in accordance with existing contexts. Nevertheless, it is possible do identify a framework of relevant principles and concepts in this area, that can be identified as follows:
1. Social and historical contextualization of the educational settings under consideration.
2. Aims and objectives of the different social and educational contexts.
3. Principles, values and consensual concepts in contemporary societies as benchmarks for intervention in context: solidarity, respect for minorities, participation, civic action.
4. Organizational structure of contexts
5. Functional characterization of the role played by different actors.
6. Social and educational characterization of the public user
7. Intentional pedagogical Intervention in non-school contexts.
8. Research involving the different contexts under study
Teaching proceeds on the basis existing regulations regarding the introduction of students teachers into professional practice. They require that information be transmitted in classes conducted at the University, followed by warranted reflections on relevant issues and observation and practice in the host institutions. Some of these contexts are seen as objects of research on a small scale. This course unit focuses on observation, analysis, reflection and intervention in settings that provide opportunities for field experiences. This effort will result in written reflections, observations and interventions carried out in the relevant contexts and involving, also, participation in discussions (in classroom and on forums in the Moodle platform).
Hohman, M e Posto, J (2004) Educação de bebés em infantários e primeiras aprendizagens. 2da. Edição. Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian
Laspina, Ana Julia (2011) Campo de la prática e ciudad educadora: Nuevos espacios para la formación docente. Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata
Portugal, Gabriela (1998) “Crianças, famílias e creches” Porto Editora
Portugal, Gabriela (1998) “Qualidade da creche e organização do espaço físico, materiais e equipamentos – Cadernos de Educação de Infância Nº 48
Silva Franco Dantas, Maria Augusta da (2011). Cidade, Município e Educação: dinâmicas cuturais e educativas no Município de Ponte de Lia na perspectiva de Cidade Educadora – Universidade do Minho
Silva, Sílvio Ricardo da, Bretas, Poliana e Drumond Porto Carreiro Caldas, Carolina (2012). Colônia de férias: Uma experiência de formação. Revista Kinesis Nº 2