1- doing an In-depth analysis of old age as a stage of human development, with specific multidimensional characteristics, aiming to deconstruct stereotypes;
2- Understanding the physiological bases of the ageing process, the explanatory theories and the types of ageing;
3- reflecting on the contexts where adults of advanced age are inserted and deduce implications for a substantiated and personalized intervention;
4- Envisioning a positive understanding of ageing, closely addressing aspects such as knowledge, spirituality, resilience, self-esteem, psychological well-being, etc.;
5- Differentiating the symptomatology and the differential diagnosis of cognitive deficit, dementias and other age related diseases; inferring potentialities, limitations and implications on the quality of life of the individuals, their caretakers and their families;
6- Outlining projects and activities for socio-cognitive stimulation, in order to optimize the quality of life and encourage an active ageing.
1. Human ageing
- International and national policies about ageing
- Demographic aspects and their political, economic, social and psychologic implications
- Models, factors and explanatory theories for ageing
- Types of ageing
2. Ageing, as a development stage of the life cycle
- Deconstruction of stereotypes associated with age
- Active ageing and its socio-community implications
- Developmental changes and tasks
3. Positive Ageing
- Health and positive psychological variables
- Institutions: relationships and operating dynamics and their implications on the lives of elderly people
- Intergenerational relations and intergenerational human heritage
4. Neuropsychological aspects
- Mild cognitive impairment deficit, dementias and other diseases associated with old age: symptoms, differential diagnosis, approaches and evaluation tools
5. Psychogerontological intervention: nature, types and ethical aspects
Information available soon.
Barros de Oliveira, J. H. (2010). Psic. do envelhecimento e do idoso. Porto: Livpsic
Côrte, B., Goldfarb, D. , & Lopes, R. (2009). Psicogerontologia. Curitiba: Juruá Ed.
Freitas, E. V. de, & Py, L. (Ed.) (2011), Tratado de geriatria e gerontologia. Rio de Janeiro: Ed. Guanabara Koogan Lda.
Medeiros, T., Ribeiro, C., Miúdo, B., & Fialho, A. (Coords.) (2014). Envelhecer e Conviver. P. D.: Letras Lavadas
Pereira, F. (2012). Teoria e prática da gerontol. Braga: PsicoSoma
Morais, O. M. (2009). Grupos de idosos: Actuação da psicogeront. no enfoque preventivo. Psicologia, Ciência e Profissão, 29, 846-855
Peña-Casanova, J. (2007). Neurología de la conducta y neuropsicologia. Madrid: Ed Médica Panamericana
Ribeiro, C. (2014). As Bases Biológicas do Envelhecimento Humano. In T. Medeiros et al., Envelhecer e conviver, P. D.: Letras Lavadas Edições
Silva, A., & Ribeiro, C. (2015). A Doença de Alzheimer: Uma abordagem molecular e fisiopatológica. In Repensar a pessoa idosa no séc. XXI (no prelo)